Darn-it Daniel probably has his inspirations of Earl Sneed Sinclair from Dinosaurs and Shrek from the film series. He is known for being somewhat grumpy and sarcastic, especially in the morning. He was a monster that went through an evolution of designs from a green alligator very similar to the overall character theme of Earl from Dinosaurs to an dinosaur-like creature, that more or less resembled his final design. Daniel, even at some points, resembled a character in the style of 2010s cartoon bad-guys such as Pete from the Mickey's Clubhouse.
Darn-it Daniel is a comical character who is ultimately happy, laid-back and humble. When he lose his game, his personality is at first, grumpy, detemined, pratical, angry, hot-tempered, and hyperactive. His style is akin to Timon from The Lion King 1½.
- Daniel shares a few similarities with Earl Sneed Sinclair.
- Both are overweight in size, but kind-hearted.
- Both are grumpy.
- Both are very suggestible.
- Daniel shares a few similarities with Archimedes.
- During the movie, he shows some similarity with Wreck-It Ralph.
- Daniel shares some similarity with Mike Wazowski.
- Daniel shares some similarity with Timon in The Lion King 1 1/2.
- Daniel tells anyone to walk away, don't care what he wants, and gave up all of their friendship. Daniel for Gene and Timon for Pumbaa.
- Daniel shares a few similarities with Kuzco.