Hiro Hamada is the main protagonist of the upcoming 2014 Disney animated feature film Big Hero 6. He is the founder and leader of Big Hero 6, a team of young superheroes. He is based on Hiro Takachiho from the Marvel comic Big Hero 6.
Hiro Hamada is a young prodigy living in the high-tech city of San Fransokyo, along with his brother Tadashi, who wants Hiro to become a productive member of society. Hiro has above average intelligence which he rarely puts into use. He is an 14-year-old or pre-teen boy in the film as well as in the comics.
After the mysterious death of his brother, Hiro turned to Tadashi's robot Baymax, a robot created for nursing in place for the lack of brotherly love he had. However, when a mysterious threat is revealed and endangers the city, Hiro turns to Baymax for help, transforming the robot into a crime-fighter bent on protecting their metropolis city. Hiro then joins forces with an older group of young intellectuals and friends of Tadashi, forming the savior team, Big Hero 6.
- Robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada has the mind of a genius—and the heart of a 14-year-old: his state-of-the-art battle-bots dominate the underground bot fights held in the dark corners of San Fransokyo. Fortunately, big brother Tadashi redirects Hiro’s brilliance, inspiring him to put his brain to the test in a quest to gain admission to the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. When a tragic event changes everything, Hiro turns to a robot named Baymax, and they form an unbreakable bond—and two-sixths of a band of high-tech heroes on a very important mission. 
- Like the 18-year-old playing him, Hiro is a half-Japanese, half-Caucasian kid with energy to spare. Luckily for his hometown, though, Hiro is also a super-genius who turns his nurse robot, Baymax, into a formidable, action-movie presence when a threat arises. And while he doesn't have any actual superpowers per se, Hiro dons a flight suit with a red circle on the glove that magnetically connects to the back of Baymax, and they can act as a tag team in battle, Hall says. "They're symbiotic in that way." 
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/05/20/big-hero-6-animation-marvel-disney-first-look/9097333/
- ↑ http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/07/13/six-reasons-we-cant-wait-to-see-big-hero-6/#hiro-hamada/
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/07/13/big-hero-6-character-reveal-exclusive/12535005/
Organizations: Big Hero 6 (team)