The Pride Lands is a breathtaking place with many landmarks and many different places. It is an African savannah, and it appears to be home to numerous animal herds.
Places of Interest
Several locations in the Pride Lands are featured in various parts of the film, or play a part in the plot.
- Pride Rock - A giant rock formation that is home to the pride of lions that rule the Pride Lands. Animal herds will gather here periodically for the presentation of a future ruler. It serves as the center of rule for the pride.
- Elephant's graveyard - Home of the hyenas, it's littered with elephant skulls and bones. It also appears to have numerous geysers which go off periodically. Techincally, this area is considered to be beyond the borders of the Pride Lands.
- Water hole - A hot spot, many animal herds gather here. In The Lion King, Simba and Nala come here in an attempt to lose Zazu among the different herds.
- Gorge - A deep canyon. Notably, this is where a wildebeest stampede is staged in a successful attempt to kill Mufasa.
- The Tree of Life - Home of Rafiki. The sides of the tree are littered with paintings of various lions, including Simba, Kiara and Kovu. Given its size, it can be assumed that the tree is ancient. The tree was recreated in detail, and is the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Kingdom Hearts Series
In Kingdom Hearts II, Pride Lands is the name of the homeworld for the Lion King characters.